Turning Negative Emotions Into Positive Actions

By Jonel Fernando



Are you carrying some negative emotions? Negative emotions can be anything that feels bad like anger, sadness, loneliness, and practically everything else that most people would not want to feel. As humans, negative emotions will always be there, but the real key is how one would express those feelings and this article will teach you some ways on how you can turn negative emotions into positive actions.Even the happiest, most positive person you know carries negative emotions. That person just looks so happy because that person is good at turning negative emotions into positive actions. One important point to stress out before I proceed to the tips is that society in general considers productivity and order as positive, while the opposite, stagnation and disorder as negative actions. With this said, what I'm really going to teach you in this article is how to use your negative feelings into something productive and not really how to get rid of them because for one, I myself am a negative person and I'm struggling myself to let go of my negative emotions.
1. Using Negative Emotions To Be Healthy
I know this sounds contradictory because we know that anger has caused strokes and heart attacks, sadness has caused malnutrition and loneliness has caused mental illness but please hear me out on this one. Anyways, anger can be a very good motivation to exercise. When you're angry don't you feel like punching a wall or something? Well you actually can punch something like a punching bag or even just the open air and get a good workout out of it. You can also do bench presses like I do at times in order to release some anger. You can also do some yoga or meditate when you're sad and lonely since you may not feel like going out and doing anything, and as a bonus, you might get closer to enlightenment or something like it. The key term here is productivity, and working towards a healthy lifestyle is being productive.
2. Using Negative Emotions For Musical Inspiration
I love the song Break Stuff by Limpbizkit. It for me is a very good song to represent anger. Going straight to the point, I would like to believe that the person who wrote that song felt really angry at the time. Have you listened to Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park? It's a very good song that represents loneliness and I'm pretty sure that whoever made that song at the time was feeling kind of lonely. I love Tupac Shakur's song Hit 'em Up and I consider it as one of the most hateful songs I've ever heard, especially the part close to the ending where he expresses his undying hatred for his enemies. I'm not really endorsing any artist here but I really consider these songs as emotional masterpieces and the artists sure gained a lot of attention and money too. My real point here is that you can really use your negative feelings to write songs. Who knows, you might end up being a famous and wealthy artist right? Working towards fame and fortune is being productive.
3. Using Negative Emotions For Literary Inspiration
I have said over and over in this blog before that I am a negative person and this blog is how I express my negative emotions. The real angry, sad and lonely side of me is the entity I call Mr. Hyde and this blog is all about me, telling Mr. Hyde what he's supposed to do. If I didn't have a Mr. Hyde, I probably wont have anything to say here and I wouldn't be able to share my tips and advice to everyone else who reads my blog and needs some enlightenment. There are millions of other writers out there who have written about their feelings and made masterpieces that helped shape the minds of their readers. If you believe you have the talent, I encourage you to do the same. You can get your own blog and write down about all the negative emotions you feel and also how you want things to happen and who knows? You might turn out to be a good blogger and possibly gain fame and make money out of your blog, just like one of the things I'm aiming for. Helping other people and also making steps towards making money is being productive.
4. Using Negative Emotions For The Fine Arts
I'm not really a fine arts expert and from what I have learned about the fine arts so far, the interpretations of paintings, drawings, and sculpture can be very wide and varied. What one painting means for one person can mean differently for another. As one with Filipino heritage, an example I can give is the Spolarium by Juan Luna, which is the theme image of this post. This painting is the artist's depiction of the Spanish oppression back in the days. I believe that there are many other pieces of fine arts out there inspired by negative emotions. To the viewers, it may be just another beautiful and expensive picture, but for the artist, it is an expression of how he or she felt at the time. Being productive also means being able to create something beautiful.
Conclusion
I know that there are many other ways out there in turning negative emotions into positive actions, but these are all that I could think of right now for the individual level. I hope that I have discussed the options well for you, and I hope that you have found some enlightenment from this article. Remember, having negative emotions is normal because it's part of being human. Everyone carries negative emotions but the real key to it is the way you express it. Thank you very much for reading another expression of my negative emotions.
Jonel Fernando is the author of Jonel Fernando.com. For more articles you can visit http://jonelfernando.com

No comments:

Post a Comment